Super Tuesday Polls

Choose Your Own Adventure-Chapter 1 Alternative Outcomes

Here is the winning outcome of the first round of CYOA:

Though your journey is impeded by needing to give a fireside, you and Kathryn relentlessly pursue and interrogate SESP students until you find out that there was only one, singular, rare gnome left on campus, hidden behind the shadow of Ryan Franks, who had bamboozled us all by hiding the fact that he had secretly transferred to SESP. Ryan resists divulging any information out of fear for his gnome. After reassurance of his safety (and the guarantee of unlimited gazebos for the rest of his life sponsored by Ben Slivka), Ryan shares that he still has his gnome because he formed an alliance with the “Peter Pan” of rare gnomes. As soon as Ryan utters this phrase, the ground beneath you all begins to shake. The intensity of the shaking grows exponentially in magnitude until you are all knocked to the ground at the climax of the quake. When the dust settles, a cloaked figure stands above you.

 

The figure emits a deep, loud, and maniacally evil laugh, then removes his hood. It is none other than IT chair Warren McQueary, who channels the belief of his loyal IT members into mysterious and at times uncontrollable power.

 

You ask Warren what he would want with a bunch of rare gnomes, to which he reveals that by possessing all rare gnomes in existence he would finally be able to uproot Ghost Joey from his RCB presidential throne and turn RCB into a set of communities and neighborhoods with unclear themes and no Associate Chairs. He asserts that this is his purpose in life as a member of the Underground Radical Elf Cult (UREC).

 

Suddenly, Joey’s motivations were clear: He wanted to get the last gnome before Warren in order to protect the RCB system from the dissolution he witnesses in the future. Armed with this purposeful knowledge, you and Kathryn ready your weapons and/or magical objects for war. Warren unsheathes a glowing foam sword in response and shouts, “Hail Satan!” You all position yourselves for attack, and tensions are reaching a boiling point, when all of a sudden you hear a deep yet high-pitched voice that says, “Eyyyyy, yo what’s up fam?” It is none other than academic chair Akhil Shanishetti, who is sporting a goofy and oblivious smile. Despite the incredibly high stakes, everyone stares down Akhil.  You say, “Really Akhil, really, is now really the right time for this?” to which Warren agrees, “I concur; given these…special circumstances, I think it’s best you be…temporarily inhibited.” You, Kathryn, and Warren exchange a nod, and then Akhil is struck by Warren’s magical foam sword and turned into a perler statue.

 

“Anyways,” Warren says, “I suppose now is when we get to the whole killing thing.”

‘You’re on,” exclaims Kathryn. You and Kathryn launch into attack, hoping to catch Warren by surprise…

Now here are the other outcomes:

If you chose Julia….

You and Julia continue to track down former McCormick student after former McCormick student, but each one has had their gnome stolen. You and Julia wonder how that could be, until you realize…Maybe you two aren’t the only ones looking for these gnomes. To test this theory, you two find one of the former McCormick students you had spoken to previously and convince them to help you out. Together, you use the student’s knowledge of their rare gnome to 3D-print a look-a-like, then, Julia volunteers to carry the rare gnome in her shadow. You use Whole-Brain EngineeringTM to create a makeshift net, follow Julia around, and wait for the thief to take the bait…

If you chose Monica…

Monica and the former McCormick student are in a heated debated over compensation for the rare gnome, while you nervously pace back and forth lost in thought about what Ghost Joey could want with it (besides his obvious affinity for them). You are shaken from your trance by Monica, who tells you about the deal she reached with the students. Your conversation is interrupted by intense shaking that knocks you both to the ground, unconscious. When you wake up, the former student is gone. You investigate the spot where they last were to find a long blonde strand of hair that seems eerily familiar…

If you chose Becs…

At first it seems as though you and Becs are making progress crawling through the vents of Tech towards the exit, but as time progresses, you two become more and more lost, as if these vents are more of a maze than anything else. What more could you expect from Tech, after all? You two decide to take a break to strategize how you will get out when all of a sudden a chill sweeps over the vents. A quiet hum follows this breeze and grows more and more intense. Through the noise a single word permeates, “Gnnnoooommmmeeeee.” “What’s that?”, you ask Becs. “Joey,” she says, “He knows we left. We have to get out of here NOW!” With that, you two crawl as fast as can…

If you chose Rachana…

Though you now have Rachana’s help, your anxiety and stress is still incredibly high. You can’t stop thinking about all of the different ways in which this could end badly when your thoughts are interrupted-, “Hey, are you okay?” Rachana asks. At this display of kindness you open up to Rachana about how much pressure you’re putting yourself under to not get annihilated by Ghost Joey. After hearing this, Rachana recommends you two take a brief break before continuing your journey. Intrigued, you ask Rachana what you two would do during this break. As soon as you finish this sentence, people in saris and other Bollywood costumes emerge from nowhere and begin to break out into song and dance. Rachana has miraculously changed clothing as well, and pulls you into the flash mob celebration…

If you chose Jade…

The map leads you two to none other than Slivka’s rival CCI. Not only do your key fobs not let you into the building, but Jade warns you how CCI has special detection measures in place for Slivkans. As such, forceful infiltration of the building seems like the only option. You ready yourself for battle by striking a power pose, when Jade asks you what you’re doing. She has you stop, then starts playing the ukulele so beautifully that the sound waves seep into the locks and cause them to blink green. After catching your breath at the pure musical magic you have just witnessed, you and Jade walk inside…

If you chose Nico…

In the midst of flying across campus and throwing random objects down at people, you notice a strangely shaped, black-hooded figure zooming through the crowds at inhuman speed, a blob so fast you could only spot it from the height you and Nico are at.  You and Nico follow the figure around for awhile hoping to discern its identity. At a particularly windy moment, the figure’s hood is blown off their head to reveal what looks like somewhat long, blond hair. Upon learning of its human nature, you and Nico’s immediate response is to chuck object upon object at the person. “Take over steering for me,” Nico yells all of a sudden. You two switch places, and then Nico conjures what appears to be a piece of fabric. “You’re going to take down this weirdo with that?!?” You ask. “It’s a inflatable mattress that will inflate upon contact and release black mold,” Nico responds. With all his might, Nico thrusts the mattress down to the figure…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s